Monday, July 21, 2014

Whiteboards, pencil labels and brain spray!

To say I have been busy is quite the understatement! I have been making more things for the fall and I can't wait to upload them and show you!

I contemplated having a "bathroom pass" for my classroom and I was thinking about how I could do that to work in my classroom. Then, on pinterest (of course!) I came across the idea of a whiteboard with magnets under the students' names! This way when they leave anywhere or go to the bathroom, they simply move their name so the teacher (or a sub) can easily tell who is not in the classroom! I think this is a fantastic idea, especially if there is ever a fire. You can easily see who is gone. I purchased the whiteboard from walmart for around $15, made the students' names and titles for the board, and then had some glitter tape I used as borders!

I blurred my students' names for privacy reasons.




Next, I made some "sharp" and "not sharp" pencil holders. These are great to have in the classroom so students know where to put dull pencils and sharp pencils once sharpened! I bought the holders from dollarama and I printed off the labels from TPT (teachers pay teachers) made by "3rd Grade's a Hoot." Find the labels here.



The next item I made are a bunch of directions - great for using the in the classroom! Instead of repeating the instructions multiple times, simple put the instructions on the board for the kids to use. The pictures are accompanied with words so kids can learn to read the pictures! The directions are laminated with magnets on the back for use on a whiteboard or blackboard!
These can be found on my TPT store here.
The next thing I made was found on Mrs. Gerlach's blog. She uses her brain spray for testing or time with her kiddoes really need to think hard! She literally sprays it around the room to help encourage thinking! I made my "Brain Spray" with water and sparkles, just as Mrs. Gerlach does! See her blog here. She has FANTASTIC ideas!
 



The next item I made is from the blog: A Love for Teaching: Adventures in Second Grade. 
You can find this idea and her sign on her blog here. 
This teacher made a cute little jar sign that says: 
Do something kind and get a 
WARM FUZZY,
put it in the jar!
When the jar is full
you get a class party!
Everyone in the class has to add warm fuzzies to get the party.
Work together :) 


I made my class calendar! Finally! It needs to be laminated still, but it's done! My co-operating teacher used a calendar like this in her classroom during my internship! She used it to display her kids' birthdays!! On the first few days of school, you get either chalkboards or whiteboards and pull the kids into the hallway month by month. You write down the date of their birthday for that month, they hold it up, and you snap a picture with all the kids whose birthdays are in that month! 

For example, if Johnny's birthday was Jan. 2 and Eric's birthday was Jan. 18, you would pull Johnny and Eric into the hallway and write down "2" for Johnny and "18" for Eric on a small whiteboard or chalkboard. Then you would take a picture of both Johnny and Eric together (in order from least to greatest of the whiteboards they are holding up!) Then you print all the months' birthdays of your kids and sticky tack them onto the calendar! Once this calendar is laminated I can re-use it year after year by just sticky tacking the kids' birthdays up! For a sample on pinterest, click here.




Please comment if you have any questions or comments :) Thanks & Enjoy.


post signature
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment