Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer & Planning

This is my very first blog post to my new teaching blog! I am a newly graduated teacher and feel very grateful to have landed a spot teaching kindergarten in the fall! I am beyond ecstatic and have already began planning my year with my themes, activities, and decor for my classroom! See below a few of the many items I have started to make for my classroom!

I think my theme for the beginning of the year will be Owls! My classroom door will say "Look Whooooo's in Mrs. Jackson's Kindergarten Class!" or something like that!

I love this "Where Are We" sign! I'm going to hang it on our door so if we leave the classroom as a class, parents or staff know where we are! I love this idea. I laminated it, put on velcro (from Dollarama) and tied a fancy ribbon on the top to dress it up a little bit! I left a blank slot at the bottom so I could fill in my own place with a whiteboard marker!




I love this idea! I printed these from Mrs. Ricca's Kindergarten Blog!  I'm going to hang these by the door and the "Helping Hand" of the day will get to pick a little chant for us to sing before walking down the hallway! 




These are my "Helping Hands" for my classroom. Basically like the VIP of the day! Each day I will choose one student to be the helper. They will help around the classroom, be the line leader, and be the special person for the day!




These are my schedule cards I made! I simply printed them, laminated them and added magnets from Dollarama! I love the idea of having the words with the pictures to help kids increase literacy :) 




These are reading strategies which I printed also from Mrs. Ricca's Kindergarten Blog! I love them and I think they are a fantastic idea for teaching kids to read! They are simply strategies for children. I'm going to try to find little teddy bears to match each title. So.. I just need to find a frog, eagle, lion, monkey, fish, snake and dolphin! 


These go along with the reading strategies. I also printed these from Mrs. Ricca's Kindergarten Blog. I glued these to coloured paper, laminated them, and printed a child's name on the back of each card. They will take those when they read to remind them of these reading strategies they can use! I love these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment