Monday, July 21, 2014

Calm Down Kit

After seeing a Calm Down Kit on pinterest, I decided to make my own, inspired from "The Autism Adventures of Room 83." This blog can be found here. See below my Calm Down Kit that I made! They are very easy to make with all my items either made, printed and laminated, or purchased from Dollarama!

Contents of my Calm Down Kit: 
1. Sparkle Bottle
2. Rubber Squeezies
3. My "5 Deep Breaths" sign
4. "When I'm Angry" and "When I'm Frustrated" sign
5. "What Would Help You Feel Better"
6. "How Do You Feel Today?"
7. Check In
8. Breathing Exercises


1. Sparkle Bottle

I love having this sparkle bottle in my Calm Down Kit. Kids can shake it and then take belly breaths and watch as they calm down, the sparkles calm down too! In our class we will be doing lots with the sparkle jar that I made to use as a whole class! See instructions for how to make a sparkle jar here.

You can explain to the students that when you shake the jar or bottle it represents your brain and all your thoughts when you are stressed or worked up. Do you think it's easy to think with thoughts spinning around in your head like that? Do you think it's easy to concentrate or relax? Definitely not. Students can really understand this when you explain it. When you shake the jar, start taking belly breaths to watch as you calm down, the sparkles in the jar also calm down! It's amazing to use this in your class.  Look at the difference in the bottles below!
Sparkle Bottle right after being shaken.


Sparkle bottle after about 15 seconds of being shaken.
2. Rubber Squeezies

See below the rubber squeezies I bought for my Calm Down Kit at Dollaram! They are great for kids who need to play with something in their hands to help calm them down. They squish around and are very fun to play with.



3. My "5 Deep Breaths Sign"
These are once again inspired from The Adventures of Room 83, however I did make them myself. I have velcro on the backs of the tokens and velcro on the card for #1-5. If you are with a child when they are taking belly breaths, each time they take a breath you can hand them a little token to velcro onto their sheet to get to 5 breaths. Otherwise, a child could simply take a breath and velcro it on themselves. 




4. "When I'm Angry" and "When I'm Frustrated Sign"
These signs are taken DIRECTLY from The Adventures of Room 83. I do not take any ownership for them. Find them here. These are great to talk to with kids to help explain to them their options for when they are angry or frustrated. 


5. "What Would Help You Feel Better"
6. "How Do You Feel Today?"
I made these signs, also inspired from The Autism Adventures of Room 83. I think this is a great way for kids to think about why they are worked up and what would help them to calm down. This helps their mind think when they are worked up! This is also a great way to communicate with children. Some children might not be able to successfully communicate how they feel or what they want, so these are great ideas to help with the thinking process!
  

7. Check In
 This is also a great way to "check in" with kids to see where they are at. They can move around the purple "I feel" symbol to move where they are so they can communicate with you how they feel! This is a great way to also talk about what would make them feel better, or what's wrong in the first place. This can be a great starting point to know where the child is at and to get a sense of what emotion they are feeling. This is taken DIRECTLY from The Adventures of Room 83. I do not take any ownership for them. Find them here.



8. Breathing Exercises 

These exercises were found on "Move With Me - Action Adventures." Click the link here to see. These are great techniques to teach kids to help calm down through their breathing!



This is a photo of the Cozy Corner we use in our classroom!
The kids learn that they can go to this space ANYTIME to self regulate.

 
post signature

257 comments:

  1. I love these! Do you have them for sale anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to get just the 5 deep breaths chart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can email them to you! What's your email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think you can email me the breathing chart too? I have a student who could really benefit from this! Thank you! My email is tiggernorton04 AT gmail DOT com

      Delete
    2. I would also love your 5 Deep Breath Sign and What Would Make You Feel Better if you are still sharing! My email is burrfamilia@yahoo.com.

      Delete
    3. I would really appreciate the deep breaths visual as well. dmcolaizzi @ gmail . com

      Delete
    4. Hi I am interested in your calming kit and I was wondering if you could send me via email the charts that are in this kit. I would like to use your kit for my presentation to inform my students about this. Please. My email is mgboling98@yahoo.com Thank You!

      Delete
    5. Hello, i loved the calming kit.
      You would be so kind to send it to me pls?
      I'm Working in Mozambique and the resources here are really bad :(
      thanks a lot.
      Ika.farenzena@gmail.com
      all best,
      Ika

      Delete
    6. Hi. This is fantastic. Would you send charts to me? Melissa_biegler@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
      Thank you.
      You could definitely sell this on TPT.
      Melissa

      Delete
    7. These look fab! Please can I have a copy too?

      jenjohnston25@gmail.com

      Thanks,
      Jen

      Delete
    8. These are great! I plan on making a calm down bottle and I would love to have the 5 deep breath charts. Could you please send it to me at dawnb37@gmail.com
      Thank you!
      Dawn

      Delete
    9. The 5 Point Scale Check In chart is what I would LOVE to have!!!! Is there any chance to email it to me? carlsont04@gmail.com
      Blessings to a great new school year!

      Delete
    10. I would love the charts too...please can you email them to me. I am dire need of this for a few of my students and I make their chill space. Thank you so much. My email is mkarls1@live.com

      Delete
    11. I love your 5 breaths chart. If you could also send me a copy, I would be most appreciative. Thank you! My email is kwilliams7@wcpss.net

      Delete
    12. I could really use this in my classroom for many students. Would I be able to get a copy?
      nicola.connor@dpcdsb.org

      Delete
    13. I would love a copy if you are still willing to email out. alenane@devereux.org

      THANK YOU!

      Delete
    14. May I also have a copy of your 5 breaths chart? I think this will help out my Kindergarteners! aguido21@gmail.com

      Delete
    15. Hello Mrs. Jackson
      These are great!! I have just started in 3 elementary schools and would love to be able to offer suggestions for my teachers.

      If it is still possible could you email me at lisasequeira85@gmail.com
      My favorites are your check in and when Im angry signs.

      Thanks

      Delete
    16. Hi! I love your site! Could you send me a copy of the 5 breaths chart? ahollis@lincoln.k12.nc.us

      Delete
    17. Could you please email me the electronic copies of the charts shown here? My email is jheard@masoncityschools.org

      Delete
    18. These are Great! Will you please email me the deep breathing chart? I appreciate it!
      dschoumacher@popcov.com

      Delete
    19. Hello Mrs. Jackson,
      I hope you are still teaching! I would love a copy of the 5 breaths chart, how are you feeling/what would make you feel better, and especially the check in. Please!! Your visuals are wonderful and clear. My email is feickgirl3@gmail.com. I am a HS Life Skills teacher using Zones.
      Thank you again!

      Delete
    20. Hi, I would love them as well if you have the time. devcarnagey@gmail.com

      Delete
    21. I would love these resources as well! My email is rory.mitchell@mnps.org

      You have some wonderful resources!!! Love your blog

      Delete
    22. Hi! I would also love to have some of these! Especially the Check in and the 5 breaths! My email is stephanie.myers119@gmail.com

      Thanks!

      Delete
    23. Hello, I love your resources. Would you please email the 5 breaths? My email is bc_emel@hotmail.com. Thanks

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful teacher you are! I wish many more did the same. I would love to print the deep breaths and check in charts to help my autistic daughter. Would be very grateful if you were willing to share. :) my email is sbriggs445@gmail.com. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I have spent way over my limit this month but I will try to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! Heard about the idea at Kindergarten Conference. Didn't get concrete items in such detail until your wonderful share!!!!
    Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you still selling these? (from a mom with an adult with classic autism)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I sure am! I hope you find them helpful. Let me know if you'd like anything altered! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I please get a copy of anything from this calming kit too...i have foster, biological and adopted children (and me) that will benefit from any of these... Ruthmd1@yahoo.com pleeeasssee and thank you soo much...

      Delete
    2. Can I get a copy of the calming kit. If you sale these may I buy a kit. You can email me at pethrower@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. I'm not a teacher but I have an elementary-aged daughter who would benefit greatly from this kit. How can I purchase it? You can contact me at ksimmons75@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment! I just sent you an email about it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thinking of myself,teenagers and other adults, children. some of these would be great to use even if there isn't autism involved. a lot of us need the visual to understand the thinking process. great idea. grandma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I appreciate your comment and I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there anyway to adjust any of the choices to include some I use more regularly with my students and remove some I don't? Is everything included here that's on your blog? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have a copy of what would make you feel better - how do I find it thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, thanks for this! How and when do you introduce this to your students? Do you have a table or an area where they can take the kit to cool down?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Diana! Thank you for your comment. I introduce this to my students at the beginning of the year. We start with reading books by "shubert." Shubert has a few books in the series about how he gets upset or worked up or angry and how he calms himself down. It's a great book for kids to relate to. We discuss how everybody gets upset in life, even teachers! Then I show the students the "emotion" sheet and we practice making all those emotions with our face. The kids LOVE it! I say, "What does angry look like? Who here has been angry?" (I raise my hand too). Then I talk about how when I'm angry (or sad or upset, etc.) I need to calm down and that's when we use the cozy corner! I tell the students that you are NOT in trouble for using this. When you use the cozy corner, you are showing me how brave and mature you are because you want to feel happy again and you are helping your body! Then during centre time I have all the kids explore the cozy corner (1 or 2 at a time) to get comfortable with it and how to use the self regulation tools. I also have some lotion that we call "cranky cream" for the sensory aspect, as well as the squishy items from dollarama. I'll post a picture of it in this blog post! Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to help!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll see what I can do! Thanks Sheana!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have your students come up with excuses or tried to take advantage of the cool down kit by pretending they're upset? How do you avoid this? For instance, last year I tried to implement a cool down basket (granted, I didn't quite introduce it well) and one student would purposely throw a fit just to use a tub of play doh that I included in the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Diana. I find that students don't take advantage of it. I continuously tell them: this is a tool to use. If it becomes a toy, then it isn't helping you learn anymore. I find at the beginning of the year, some children go to the cozy corner just to experience it, so I give all the kids time to explore the cozy corner during centre time. This way, they become familiar with it and know how to use the tools to help them self regulate and learn better! I would just remind that student that these are tools to help you learn, not toys. Tell them that if it becomes a toy then they can't use it anymore. I find my kids usually want to be with the whole class and be with everybody during the day. Kids that use the cozy corner are usually upset in some way, and it's easy to see that on their face. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would really love the How Do You Feel and What Would Make You Feel Better tools. I think they'd really help with one student I have. Could you email them to me as well? harrisd7@scsk12.org

    ReplyDelete
  21. Earlier this summer I saw where your version was available on Teachers Pay Teachers. As of today 9-18-15, I am unable to see the product to purchase. Please email me with information to purchase your version of the calm down kit. Thank you!! ivylady2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! It''s not available to purchase anymore. However, "The Autism Adventures of Room 83" has it for sale if you look on TPT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Would you mind sending them to me also please? I'm a school counselor and could use all your awesome templates! lroberts@whiteriver.wednet.edu Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Would you mind sending them to me also please? I'm a school counselor and could use all your awesome templates! lroberts@whiteriver.wednet.edu Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am an elementary school counselor and this is right up my alley! I would love to get this to all the teachers I work with (I am at three elementary schools!). Would you mind sending me your wonderful tools to my e-mail? Thanks!!! mwoodbury@srcs.org

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Michele! Because I didn't "create" this product, I re-made it from "the Autism Adventures of Room 83," I am not allowed to sell or send it to you. I'm very sorry. Their product is available on Teachers Pay Teachers under "The Autism Adventures of Room 83." Hopefully this helps you a little bit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am doing a workshop with people from day cares on making coping corners. May I use some of your pictures in the presentation?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Of course you may! Thank you for asking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Alannah,
    I am in the process of implementing self-regulation in my kindergarten classroom for my action research in doing my masters class. I would love some ideas of how you do this in your classroom! Would you be willing to email me how you start this, the process you follow? My email address is callie.shoutz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Alannah! Would you be willing to email me the documents you used to make the signs for this kit? My email is heather8540@hotmail.com.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Callie and Heather I sent you both an email. Thank you for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alannah. I just made a bunch of calming (sparkle) jars for my kiddos. They are great! I am the Social Emotional Coordinator at my school. Would you send me your awesome templates? My email is cbenson@hightechhigh.org. Thank you!

      Delete
  32. This is an amazing resource. I have just finished my steps to inclusion course based on Autism. This looks ideal. Are you able to email the resources to save reinventing the wheel?

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is an amazing resource. I have just finished my steps to inclusion course based on Autism. This looks ideal. Are you able to email the resources to save reinventing the wheel?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this resource. I would love to use it with some of the kids I work with. Do you mind emailin me the 5 breaths resource? My email is ramiro15sandoval@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi ;) i love your work. Can you share with me the picture of the the little guy who breaths? Vero.pare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can you email me the Deep Breaths chart? oconnellwhitney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! This is what I am working on teaching my Preschool students. Would you send me the 5 breath chart, "What would make you feel better" and "How do you feel today" charts? jenna.quant at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this! Could you please send me the deep breaths and feeling better templates or any info about how to get them? Thank you LMonaco72@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can I get a downloadable to any of these? I love all of them and need to make a basket for my daughter. Thank you. Lindsay526@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  41. Are the downloads still available for the feeling better and deep breathing templates? Thanks! galinakadosh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for all your comments. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please send me this stuff? What you can't send me I am buying from Autism Adventures. This is so cool! Thank you! katelyn.kruse@yahoo.com :) What a blessing you are!

      Delete
  43. Could you please e-mail me your awesome resources? Thanks for sharing and have a relaxing day! :) JC310682@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Would you mind sharing your breathing chart with me? I have a student that would greatly benefit from this! petria.boutin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'll see what I can do!! Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  46. If you're willing to share these- I'd love to recreate this kit to use at home with my kids. We're working on some anxiety and anger over hear and I'm trying to find resources to help. natalievandenbossche@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please email me your deep breaths chart?! THanks! watsonhj@lcsedu.net

      Delete
  47. Hi there. Thank you so much for sharing. Is it possible to get sent the check in chart please?
    My email is: laura.scott@education.tas.gov.au. Many thanks, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. great awesome job. I would love to recreate this. please send me any template that you have. thank a million. henyschipper@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love that check in chart. Do you have it for sale anywhere or can you email me a copy? I have a very special someone in my class who this would work brilliantly for. (ashley.dennis@live.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  50. These are great! I am an MFT intern and think these would be amazing for the kids I work with. Can I get a copy also? mikesdork@gmail.com
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Is there any way to get just the 5 deep breaths chart?

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi I love these charts you have made! I am doing a project for school and was wondering if you could email me the charts to this. My email is mgboling98@yahoo.com Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi these are great ideas I'm starting a new job with a child who has ASD would love these charts if you don't mind emailing them to me thanks.
    terri.24@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  54. I would also love these both for home and work. Thank you so much , god bless you for your hard work x. clairsav@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hello. Would you mind emailing me your fantastic charts you have in this wonderful kit please? I'm making one for home and one for my son to use at school. I'm really struggling with him and I'm sure this would be more effective than using time out where he just sits and rages!Thank you from the UK. Lydiadonnachie@googlemail.com x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hello. Would you mind emailing me your fantastic charts you have in this wonderful kit please? I'm making one for home and one for my son to use at school. I'm really struggling with him and I'm sure this would be more effective than using time out where he just sits and rages!Thank you from the UK. Lydiadonnachie@googlemail.com x

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Alannah! Are these still available?? I would love to get my hands on your charts and boards!

    laurabontempo@yahoo.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Where can i get these templates for my son?

    ReplyDelete
  59. Where can i get these templates for my son? If they could be emailed to me my email is Sgarciavalenzuela511@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I would love it if these templates could be emailed to me!
    alcorreia01231987@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would love it if these templates could be emailed to me!
    alcorreia01231987@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would love to use this with my young sons. If you could email any to me, I'd really appreciate it! knudie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow! Your ideas are wonderful. I would love to use this in my classroom. Can you email me the templates? Thanks so much!
    Renee
    mountaindew172@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love your ideas! Could you send me your 5 breaths chart too? My email is sugarplum.preschool@hotmail.com. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thank you for your kind comments! Because I didn't "create" this product, (I re-made it from "the Autism Adventures of Room 83"), I am not allowed to sell or send it to you. I'm very sorry. Their product is available on Teachers Pay Teachers under "The Autism Adventures of Room 83." Hopefully this helps you a little bit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hi, I would also love a copy of your breathing charts and the other things you have created. I am on my way over to the other site right now. These are wonderful resources...

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hi, I would also love a copy of your breathing charts and the other things you have created. I am on my way over to the other site right now. These are wonderful resources...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi,
    I'm starting my first full time teaching job in September and I really love this idea!! What a great addition to any classroom. I love your resources and wondered If you wouldn't mind emailing me the templates of your breathing chart, what would help you feel better? and how do you feel today? They all look fab! (email: rvcrilly@googlemail.com)
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  70. HI there! I love your calming kit! Could you please email me copies of your version? TIA hmehawaii@yahoo.com Heather

    ReplyDelete
  71. any way you could email me anything youd be willing to share? i would LOVE the check in manipulative!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hello! I would love to be emailed the breathing chart you created, it is great. hcorey@lcmail.lcsc.edu

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hi there, I have a student this year who is extremely gifted but get frustrated quite easily. I think he could benefit from this entire box and I intend on making one for him this weekend. I was wondering if you could also email me anything you would be willing to share - in particular the breathing chart and the check in chart. My email address is shalari@gmail.com
    I appreciate it and this is such a great resource! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hi! This is a wonderful idea :) I'd love any of the charts you're willing to share... my email is kmaas@stmarysderby.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hi Alannah! My little boy started kindergarten last Monday and is already really struggling. While we had assistance last year, we don't this year, and the teacher is willing to help, but I feel ill-prepared and overwhelmed in helping. I would love to recreate your kit as a start to helping him be successful. If you are still willing to share, will you please email me at lifewellliveddesigns@hotmail.com? I would appreciate it SO very much!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hi!! This is a great idea...
    I volunteer at a church with little people..... this would be a great tool for me to add to our centers...
    Could you please share the charts I could use
    Aiaunited@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Hi!! This is a great idea...
    I volunteer at a church with little people..... this would be a great tool for me to add to our centers...
    Could you please share the charts I could use
    Aiaunited@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Please send all your printables to me at gapchdch@hotmail.com. I am new at working with students on GAA's that are autistic and I want to use all of these great ideas in my classroom!!! You are great at this and I want to be great too!!!!! I already love my students but need help with helping them! Thanks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hi Alannah. I just made a bunch of calming (sparkle) jars for my kiddos. They are great! I am the Social Emotional Coordinator at my school. Would you send me your awesome templates? My email is cbenson@hightechhigh.org. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hi, love these ideas, could you please email me all your printables this will work great with a few of my students. Thanks caudette4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Hi would you be anle to send me your printables aswell. These are fantastic! Karlenewright@gatedu.org

    ReplyDelete
  82. I would like to create the whole calming kit, can you send me all of the printables? this is awesome!! barr@hamilton.k12.mo.us

    ReplyDelete
  83. I would love these print outs too. If possible could you please email them to me : pusia1986@hotmail.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  84. Im interested too could you please email

    j-ess-i-ca@hotmail.com

    Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete
  85. If you are still sharing, I would LOVE your breathing chart and the two charts that go with How are you feeling? Thank you so much!! This is awesome! Love seeing/using this. Thank you!
    beth.graves@mndcty.k12.mo.us

    ReplyDelete
  86. If you are still sharing, I would like to get a copy of "How Do You Feel Today?" and "What Would Help Feel Better?" Thank you! Awesome charts! dianepierce@fordlandschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  87. please if your still sharing I would like - "How Do You Feel Today?", "What Would Help Feel Better?", Breathing Chart, and how your feeling!
    brittany.howard@SASchools.org

    ReplyDelete
  88. Dear Mrs. Jackson,
    I didn't see my comment pop up so I'm going to try again. My apologies if you already received it somehow. Would you please be able to send me a copy of your check in chart? My e-mail address is matdog1922@charter.net. Thanks so much for sharing your talent! :) Lisa Wood

    ReplyDelete
  89. Could you please send me a copy of the breathing chart? rbathurst@sd61.bc.ca
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Could you please send me a copy of the check in check out and how do I feel today, or do you have a teachers pay teachers account? avance@e2ccb.org

    ReplyDelete
  91. Hi Alannah,

    Your behaviour check - in and breathing charts would be ideal for my classroom.

    Could you please send them to meg.karvonen6@gmail.com ? Otherwise happy to purchase on your TPT page.

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  92. please if your still sharing I would like - "How Do You Feel Today?", "What Would Help Feel Better?", Breathing Chart, and how your feeling. My email is shollins@tusc.k12.al.us

    ReplyDelete
  93. I love this calming kkt. Could you email me your charts? I would love this for my classroom. cassielaine1203@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. Do you have the check in chart for sale anywhere? I would love to have this for a few of our students at my school.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Can you please email me the charts as well? melinda.marcinek@fayette.kyschools.us

    ReplyDelete
  96. Would you mind sending this to me as well? kebruns4216@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hello, I would like to use your 5 Breathes and the Check In Sheet, (which is your 3 and number 7) in a lesson plan of mine. I wanted to get your permission first if I would be able to use this as my university lesson plan for my class.

    And if I can use it, can you send those two to my email at croman32@lakers.mercyhurst.edu

    ReplyDelete
  98. I love my calm down kit that you made! Is there anyway you can add a clip art for me of the use a timer strategy?

    ReplyDelete
  99. Hi. This resource kit looks highly effective. I teach children with Autism, and feel these resources will benefit not only the children, but my working practice too.
    Could you please send me the templates included in the kit? My email is: lthomson6@googlemail.com
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  100. Hi Alana! I was wondering where you got your cozy corner tent. I'm always looking for a sturdy one for my sensory area, but they get expensive. Is your's sturdy? Where could I get one?
    Thanks! Terry

    ReplyDelete
  101. What a fantastic idea! Please can you email me the printables? My email address is snowcondorhm (@) gmail.com (no spaces or brackets). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Hi, thank you for sharing such an amazing article of ideas. I have 2 toddlers at home and this is a lifesaver. I see how helpful and needed this is...even 2 years after you posted this article, parents and teachers are still posting great comments.

    Are you able to email me your printables as well. tinasmail2007 (at) yahoo.com Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  103. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  104. (edited) I just keep coming back to your post! It's fantastic!
    Have you put any of these resources you made on TPT? Or are you able to email me too please?
    keelycoard@hotmail.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  105. Hi I love this resources is it still possible to email my email address id jostubbings@aol.com
    It would be great for a child I am working with at the moment.
    Thanking you Jo

    ReplyDelete
  106. Hi there, I would appreciate a forward also. I think it'll work really well with my cherries this year.
    Much appreciated.

    drzerrin@hotmail.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  107. would you mind mailing the materials to me too?
    claudia.haering@aon.at

    great thanks!!!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  108. Could you kindly email me a copy too.
    Many thanks ozan0002@flinders.edu.au

    ReplyDelete
  109. I simply love these resources! I have most of the resources except the 5 point scale check in scale' which I can't find on any if the linked websites. Could you possibly direct me where to find this resources please? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  110. My email address is: lthomson6@googlemail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  111. Could you email me templates for all the charts/cards? szona003@verizon.net Thank you very much. These will be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Hi. This is amazing! Can you please email me printables for the charts and cards? My email is s.decastro@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hi, these are great! Could you please email me the 'check in' one? Thanks (bibi_gerner@hotmail.com).

    ReplyDelete
  114. Hoping you are still active here. I love this comprehensive post. I would love to have emails of the check in chart and breathing exercises if it is not too much trouble. julpad@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  115. If you are still sharing, I would love any of these resources that you can share. I am a school psychologist at a few schools and I need all the visuals and charts I can get. These are great. Thank you! Nmills1@kleinisd.net

    ReplyDelete
  116. I love this ! Its amazing, may you please email me this @ alejandrax2197@gmail.com it'll be such a great help, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  117. Hi Alannah, I work with SPED students and would love to be able to purchase some of your resources. The two that I am interested in right now are the "What would help you feel better?" and "How do you feel today?" materials. I am looking for some resources that a student who has difficulty expressing himself could use. My email is tammy.cheatum@esu8ne.org Your resources are wonderful!!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Love all of this. I'm a special Ed teacher in a high needs school. This would benefit my children greatly. If you could email me I'd greatly appreciate it. My email is ckulp1@pghboe.net. thanks :). - Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  119. These are great! I could really use these with my son if you don't mind emailing me copies. Emmastokes@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  120. I would love to try this next year in my classroom. Please email me a copy asager46@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  121. hi. I made my calming basket, I went to room 83 and paid for the download, but the page for What would help you feel better and the single box one for it isn't in the collection. I haven't found it yet on pinterest. Can you send me a download of it. I have the big one that fits all the little squares. Also I like your breathing chart, can you send that, too? I would appreciate it. thank you, Kathy Lathrop poohluv29@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  122. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Hello! Could I please get a copy of these? I love all of your ideas! robyn.mcdonald@edmondschools.net

    ReplyDelete
  124. Hello! Could I please get a copy of these? I love all of your ideas! robyn.mcdonald@edmondschools.net

    ReplyDelete
  125. He could you please email me as well? My email is jessamr9@aol.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  126. Hi, are you still sending these to teachers who request to use your labels in their classroom? If so I would love to have your entire set for my class. It is my second year teaching and will have a student who would benefit from these items. I'm heading to the dollar store tomorrow for my calming kit items. My email is slichty@lemanacademy.org. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  127. I would love the kit as well, please advise where I can purchase the breathing cards, checking in, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  128. Can you share the breathing chart with me as well? It looks like a great resource. knurvic@cvsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  129. If you are still blogging, I would also like the breathing chart. Thank you! mrsmech@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  130. Hello,

    This is great! I am a first year teacher and I would love to have this resource. If it is for sale please let me know via email -heather.pearson.76@gmail.com
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  131. As like many before me, this is great addition to any classroom and is just what i am trying to set up. If you have any of the templates that i could use then i would be most grateful. Thank you in advance. cheryl__ann@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  132. If you're able, I would love the breathing chart and the how do you feel today and what would make you feel better templates. They are amazing! My email is calischer@gmail.com. Or let me know if you're selling them on TPT. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  133. I would love the breathing chart and the how do you feel today chart! It would work so well in my classroom! My email in lambertellie98@gmail.com
    Please let me know if you are still sending them, or if I can buy them on TPT! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  134. Hello, if you could please email me your kit to sandraamiikho@hotmail.com
    I think this is a wonderful kit and it would work great for the calming down area.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  135. Hello, if you could please email me your kit to sandraamiikho@hotmail.com
    I think this is a wonderful kit and it would work great for the calming down area.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  136. I would love a copy of the breaths token.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Wow cannot believe that is me just coming across this! It is fab! If you are still replying would you be so kind to email me your templates for the kit? A great addition to my classroom. Thanks Lorraine
    Lmackie1@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  138. Don't think my first message was published.
    I'll try again. Could you please email me all templates used in your kit? They are fabulous! What a great resource. Thanks
    Lmackie1@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  139. I love this kit. This can be a tremendous help with self regulation. Could you send the templete to sjhanf@comcast.net. Many Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Good morning! I love the organization and thought that has gone into your kit. The "What Would Help You Feel Better" and "Who Do You Feel Today" visuals are fantastic. They would make a nice complement to what I have already compiled. I am creating tubs and classroom spaces in my elementary building. Do you have them for sale on TeachersPayTeachers? If not, would you consider sharing them with me @ mrayborn@sese.org. Thank you again for your fabulous idea and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  141. I would love the templates as well. I think the kindergartners I work with could use the breathing chart and the how do I feel charts quite well. juliastoll@outlook.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  142. Good afternoon. I would be interested in the breathing chart as well. These would work well in my first grade classroom. My email is colleenalleyne@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  143. Hello, is it possible to have a copy of "What Would Help You Feel Better" and "How Do You Feel Today?" It would be very much appreciated!! Thank you! Cally.

    callybuchan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  144. Hello, Could I get a copy of your "How do you feel today?" I haven't been able to find any as nice as yours. My email is snooze__@yahoo.com (that's 2 underscores) Thank you so much! Sarah L.

    ReplyDelete
  145. I am a sped teacher and would love a copy of the breathing chart and the "check in" chart. It would be so helpful for our classroom!! My email is cheyanne.herrera@pfisd.net if you would be willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
  146. This is a fabulous kit. Are you selling your kit and if not, would you kindly email me the items in your kit? I have a couple of students who would greatly benefit from this.i have been searching for ideas for days now and I absolutely love your ideas!! My email is priscill.m@att.net. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  147. I love your kit! I am trying to implement a calm down corner this year. I feel a few of my students would greatly benefit from this special place. If you are willing to share my email is deasone@duvalschools.org :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  148. I am a sped teacher and would love a copy for this kit! My students would benefit from a calm down center. Thank You!
    my email is cally690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  149. Hi there, I am an occupational therapy Student (soon to graduate) who is on work placement working with children with autism and sensory processing disorder. This kit would be very helpful for the children I'm working with.
    I was wondering if you could email the following to genemjay@gmail.com:
    3. My "5 Deep Breaths" sign
    4. "When I'm Angry" and "When I'm Frustrated" sign
    5. "What Would Help You Feel Better"
    6. "How Do You Feel Today?"
    7. Check In
    8. Breathing Exercises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add me to the list of teachers who would like a copy of the 5 deep breathes sign. My email is zachmhazelton@gmail.com. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Add me to the list of teachers who would like a copy of the 5 deep breathes sign. My email is zachmhazelton@gmail.com. Thank you!

      Delete
  150. I am making a calm down box too and looking for these items!
    Love your blog!
    I was wondering if you could email the following to Mariayannacopoulos@hotmail.com :
    3. My "5 Deep Breaths" sign
    4. "When I'm Angry" and "When I'm Frustrated" sign
    5. "What Would Help You Feel Better"
    6. "How Do You Feel Today?"
    7. Check In
    8. Breathing Exercises
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  151. I would love a copy of these resources- are they for sale anywhere? or would you mind forwarding them to kmcosetta@gmail.com I love the 5 deep breaths, how do you feel and the check in if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  152. I'd love a copy of the "5 Deep Breaths", "How Do You Feel Today?", and "What Would Help You Feel Better" visuals you created if you are open to sharing them (kstefanucci@vsb.bc.ca). I love that you put all of these together as a kit! I will definitely be sharing the idea with some teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  153. Hello!
    I would REALLY appreciate it if you could email the following to me:
    3. My "5 Deep Breaths" sign
    4. "When I'm Angry" and "When I'm Frustrated" sign
    5. "What Would Help You Feel Better"
    6. "How Do You Feel Today?"
    7. Check In
    8. Breathing Exercises

    Thank you SO much! dara.neale@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  154. I am in the process of compiling my first roundup post on anger management activities for kids. I saw this wonderful idea. May I use it for my roundup. I might pull up some pictures from the posts. But I will credit your work and provide a link back to your website

    ReplyDelete
  155. Hi,
    This kit is awesome. I have a child who is learnign to deal with big emotions and this would really be helpful. Could you please email me the charts you made yourself ? Id really appreciate it. aotbrosebay@gmail.com.

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  156. If you are still willing to email the charts I would love to have them! I have a 3 yr old boy with Severe Speech Apraxia that this would benefit. Thank you...tiffaniebeegle@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  157. Hi! if you happen to still be sharing these, could you please email me your charts? I'm a school counselor and love them!!
    Thank you!
    karen.ackiss@acsgmail.net
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Hello! Anyway i can get thw charts you made and the kit sign? Thank you! Susanthao@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  159. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Hi, would you please send me the visuals? my email is: crinnionk.kc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  161. If you're still sharing these, could you please send the deep breath chart? I would love to use this at home. Thank you! Helenjones49@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  162. I love these! If you are still willing to share could you please send to kidd26@hotmail.com.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  163. I am a counselor intern and would love if you are able to share your creativeness with me! My email is lakeview3528@gmail.com. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete
  164. Hi!!

    I would love a copy of the breathing chart!
    J_Hildee@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  165. Hello! I would LOVE a copy of the templates if you're still willing to share! kateroo_22@hotmail.com

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  166. Hi, I am a kindergarten teacher and would really love a copy of your templates. My email is jenmichalchuk@gmail.com
    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  167. Hi, I am currently working with a group of students who suffer from trauma as well as a variety of cognitive and behavioural exceptionalities. I believe that your 'Calm Down' kit would be greatly beneficial to this particular group and the school as a whole. Is it possible to purchase your templates? My email is mel_s10@hotmail.com.

    Thanks so much. What amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  168. My son has a hard time with calming down. Could I get a copy of all your charts on here? lisashinkins@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  169. I followed the link to the I feel Check in from #6 and bought 2 calm down bundles. That chart is not in either one. Could you offer more specifics on where I can find that Check in chart? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  170. Hi! I love this idea of a calm down kit. I currently have a very difficult student who has a hard time controlling emotions. Could you possibly send me a copy of the "I feel (Emotion Emoji)" chart? That would be SO appreciated! schmessie1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete